Braid is a Client library for a portion of the IHE (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise) transactions.
This library specifically focuses on PIX, XDS.a & XDS.b, ATNA, BPPC and XDS-SD profiles in ITI domain, and XDS-MS (Referral & Discharge Summary) and EDR content profiles in PCC domain.
IHE is organized into multiple Domains which each address problems in one area of healthcare. Braid focused on two domains.
• Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing of Scanned Documents (Content Creation and View)
• Cross-Enterprise Clinical Documents Share (XDS.a) (XDS.a Source & XDS.a Consumer)
• Cross-Enterprise Clinical Documents Share (XDS.b) (XDS.b Source & XDS.b Consumer)
• Patient Identifier Cross-referencing for MPI (PIX v2 Source & PIX v2 Consumer)
• Basic Patient Privacy Consents (BPPC) (BPPC Content & Enforcement)
• Patient Demographics Query (PDQ v2 Consumer)
• Audit Trail and Node Authentication (ATNA)
• Consistent Time (CT)
• Emergency Department Referral (ED Referral) (Content Creation and View)
• Cross-Enterprise Sharing of Medical Summaries (Content Creation and View)
- Referral Summary
- Discharge Summary
Braid Client libraries are successfully tested with other vendors in Connectathon-2008 event.